Saturday, April 21, 2012

Development to final pitch


There have been many changes I have had to make through the process of coming up with my final idea . My first idea was to create a documentary that would allow young people to see how much they are being influenced by celebrity's. However, when pitching this idea to my target audience the feedback I had received was not what I thought of it to be. I was told that the concept was weak as teenagers don’t tend to copy the fashion of celebrity’s. When thinking of the about the idea in more detail I had realised that it would not be realistic as I wouldn’t be able to talk to a professional that would fit this topic.
When thinking of my second idea I wanted to keep the concept of the idea the same and so did my research in to what current issues I could tackle. When looking into issues I had realised that there is not real topic that could fit into the current market for teenagers lasting for 5 minutes. After looking and thinking of an idea I had come up with my second idea to tackle the male beauty market and how teenage males are becoming more self obsessed. When I had presented this pitch the feedback was once again not good, the concept of the idea had already been covered and there was no realistic angle I could take to it. I had to go back to the drawing board and think over the idea. What issue could I cover that teenagers would have an interest in. I once again did my research into what I could cover. When coming across my third idea I wanted it to have a relevance to a field I have an interest in. the solutions to fashion. Why people should not go out and buy new clothes and instead swap. When presenting my idea to the market it was a success. The idea was new and there was no current documentary that covered this issue. The documentary is realistic and I would be able to speak with many professionals regarding this topic.    

No comments:

Post a Comment